• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

But Mom, It wasn't Me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbw907

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I remember as a kid, my buddy and I took my .45 cal. rifle to the woods to target practice. He was new to black powder and we had a grand time shooting and learning just how accurate we could both shoot. Well at the end of the day ,we went to his house and his mom had supper ready. We both sat down and after a few minutes, she made some terrible faces and took my friend to the other room. A few minutes later, he came back to the table, laughing uncontrollably. He wouldn't say anything at the table, but later on after we were away from his mom, he told me what he was laughing about. It seems that his mother, not being around black powder before, smelled the residue on our clothes and thought we were breaking wind at the dinner table. Man, I laughed all the way home. Nowdays I blame the gun, not the dog. :rotf: :rotf:

Now I know why people give us dirty looks after we been at the range all day having fun and decide to stop to eat on the way home. :rotf:

Did think we stunk that bad!!! :hmm:

Love the look we get the first time a shot goes off around the kids at the bi-annual shoot. It's a state sponsered event to introduce highschool kids to shooting sports. Pal & moi run the muzzleloading station. That first shot into the wind gets some interesting looks, especially from the girls...you'd think it was "essence de barn-yard"! :shocked2:

I was cleaning a rifle in the trading post one time when some female tourists walked in. I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were a little embarrassed about something. I am a little slow sometimes but it hit me that they may be thinkin' that there was a little gas letting goin' on in there before they made their appearance. I used the opportunity to show them how to clean a rifle and also told them that burnt black powder smelled like sulphur or rotten eggs. At that point they looked at each other and giggled. I think they got the point or.... maybe they didn't beleive me. :shocked2: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't mean to sound like I like the smell of my own farts, but I kinda like the smell of BP burnin....

"I love the smell of [black powder] in the morning...."

Back