• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bustin plastic jugs with water

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ole "Tommy Gun" story eh?
Now, come on...admit it. You spent about an hour and a half shooting that unsightly group! :rotf: :grin:

Just funnin with you.
Both of those groups would fill your pot with squirrels or rabbits.

As for the inconsiderate self centered knuckle heads that blast other peoples targets, after they pay all of the regular shooters $1 each for shooting their targets, they should be banned from the range.

zonie :)

Zonie,
That was my first thought also.Club I belong
to is M/L only. All day every day and I'm glad to have it that way.
snake-eyes

I DO need to find a good club. I belonged to one once before, but I didn't like the weird scheduales they had ( pistol range open only every third week, trap shooting had priority over rifle shooting, so if anyone wanted to trap shoot , the rifle range had to be cleared no matter who was there first). Right now, I've been going to a public range. It is very nice , but a person must get there very early in the morning to beet the 'crowd'. I would also like to belong to a club, for the benefit of having a range officer.

The Club I belong to is open to the Public on the weekends so when I'm shooting there are a number of people there who are not familiar with muzzleloaders.
I do end up answering a lot of questions but unless someone is especially interested I don't offer to let them shoot my guns.

If someone is very interested and acts in a responsible way I will offer to let them shoot my guns, but only after giving them some advice and letting them test the set triggers on an unloaded gun.
I also will not hand a loaded, primed gun over to them. I hand them the loaded unprimed rifle/pistol and let them sit down at the firing bench. Then I will prime the gun, stand right behind them and let them shoot.

I've only had one bad experiance and that was with my antiqued Confederate C&B revolver.
I was showing the unloaded pistol to the range officer and a fairly young person was admiring it so I handed it to him.
He instantly pulled the trigger and fanned the hammer as fast as he could.
I should have hit him in the eye, but I was busy grabbing my pistol back from him.
zonie :)

Latest posts

Back