• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Buncha" Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoloDallas

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Been a long time. And lots of things changed for me. Wasn't here much, and was posting here from... Rome, IT.
Not anymore. Moved to the great ole US of A for good.

I'm American. I was born here and I am going to die here.
Now that I've said so, all of these are on US territory.

Gotta love flintlocks.

Flintlocks
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Did you build the matched pair of pistols at the left
side of the pic below the carbine Bess ???

OMG, look at the little baby sling -- it's so CUTE!

Welcome home. Non mangiare grits...

Sorry brothers, missed your replies.
So, no, I did not build those two (flintlock pistols on the left).

And great eye: those are amazing. They are two replica Hawkins from 1976 (built in 1976). 950 pairs were built at the time, for the Bicentennial of the Declaration of Independence.
They (the original Hawkins) were supposed to be George Washington's favorite flintlock pistols.

I had seen them in picture long time ago and when this mint pair popped up on Gunbroker I snatched them immediately.

I am going to leave you with the usual Italian goodies.

"Brown Bessing"
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Back