• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo Hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeChapin

58 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend of mine picked up a Zoli Buffalo Hunter for $165. The rifle looked like it had been shot a few times, cleaned and hung on the wall. The trigger pull was horrible 9 or 10 pounds so my friend brought it over to see what I could do.

I popped the lock off and saw that it still have the original packing grease caked dried and inside. The interior was typical of a military type lock, herky parts and springs that looked like they came off surplus model A leaf springs.

I left the mainspring alone for now but worked the sear spring down. I don't know how the original factory got the thing in. I couldn't do it with hand pressure. I shortened it a little until it was resting on the sear properly and took some off the width to lighten up a little. It still is a little stiff but is nice a crisp on let off.

While I was doing this it occurred to me that if I screwed this up where was I going to find another sear spring. The rifle is essentially a sporterized Zouve. My friend does have a Zoli Zouve to compare it to but I haven't done it. Is there anyplace that carries replacement Zoli parts?

Latest posts

Back