• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

browning solution & brass

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am ready to brown the barrel on my NW gun ,the front sight is already on the barrel ,do I have to be concerned with the solution damageing the brass,it is a cold brown solution that came with the gun.Thanks ..rusty

Hello,

You may want to remove everything and brown them seperately, otherwise it may pool. I had a thread in this forum about my recent experience with browning, may want to check it out.

Ed

rusty said:
I am ready to brown the barrel on my NW gun ,the front sight is already on the barrel ,do I have to be concerned with the solution damageing the brass,it is a cold brown solution that came with the gun.Thanks ..rusty

I wouldn't worry about it. It shouldn't hurt the front sight at all. You sure don't want to remove the sight and then have to solder it back on after browning. If it dulls the sight a little you can always polish it back up after browning the barrel.

Randy Hedden.

Back