• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass ramrods from October Country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I called October Country today to have a couple solid brass range rods made for my .40cal (5/16" x 33" w/10/32" ends) and John (owner) mentioned he'd built/sold over 50 brass ramrods in December alone... :shocked2:

RB, is the former owner still there making the rods or is the new owner also named John. I bought a lot of rods from the former owner, John but thought he's moved to Calif.

Deadeye said:
RB, is the former owner still there making the rods or is the new owner also named John. I bought a lot of rods from the former owner, John but thought he's moved to Calif.
Coincidentally, the new owner's name is also John...makes them exactly like the former owner John did...excellent rods

Hey I'm looking for one of those! I have one for my smaller rifles and I love it. I need one for a 33&1/2" barrel 50 cal

being cheap, (actually I'm not cheap, the wife won't let me near a phone or computer with a credit card in hand :surrender: :rotf: ) so I followed the advice of someone in an earlier thread & checked out Walmart. they were closing out their BP stuff for the year and had a cleaning kit with a 3-piece solid brass rod for 7 bucks. I epoxied a piece of deer antler for a "T" handle and it works quite well.

bramble

I need it in 3/8 stock and man oh man I can't find one anywhere. and I'm not sure how long I want it. Octber Country makes them?

Slake said:
I need it in 3/8 stock and man oh man I can't find one anywhere. and I'm not sure how long I want it. Octber Country makes them?
Yes, any way you want.

I have one that's four inches longer than the barrel of the set up I'm very much used to now. For the longer rifles I'm thinking of stayin about the same. I measured sans jag and handle. How do you order yours? how much longer?

Slake said:
I have one that's four inches longer than the barrel of the set up I'm very much used to now. For the longer rifles I'm thinking of stayin about the same. I measured sans jag and handle. How do you order yours? how much longer?
My under barrel rods stop at or just an eyelash back from the muzzle...(don't like anything sticking out past the muzzle).

My range rods are and inch longer than the barrel...ie: my .40cal flint barrel is 32", so I ordered the rods finished length at 33"...I add jags on one end and ball handles with 10/32" screws all the way through them on the other end.

Thanx for the info. I'm going to call OC tomorrow in all of my shopping I've seen many alternatives but my solid brass rod is so fine looking when it is all polished up {after a shoot}. I have yet to be unable to disengage threads, brass is wonderful

Back