• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP speed goat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Sky Trapper

36 Cal.
Reaction score
howieantbuck2007lg.jpg

1st shot 120 yards, he ran about 400 then laid down, thought he was done. Got within 35 up he goes. second shot he went down for good about a 100 yrads later.

Unknown rifle, 50 cal PRB, 100 grains goex, cci cap.

We need some details on the hunt. Such as how did you get close? Did you hunt near a water source? Did you use a decoy?

Inquring minds want to know.

Also. Congratulations.

Very nice. I'm not too surprised that it took two hits. I've seen a 7mm hit that left a fist sized hole out the side. It had to take a second shot to put down.

What size was the horns?

I'm tryin' to figure out how you got my face in yore picture, I've never hunted in Montana. :rotf:

ATTABOY and Congrats! :thumbsup: now the story? or are that it....what no bleeps? :( congrats again!

Where bouts in Montana did you have your big adventure. I spent 6 days driving most of Montana this summer. It has to be the nicest place in the whole world. I stayed in Shelby, Lincon, Great Falls, Billings, Havre and Glendive.

A Nice Buck,
Congratulations :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bigbore442001 said:
We need some details on the hunt. Such as how did you get close? Did you hunt near a water source? Did you use a decoy?

Inquring minds want to know.

Also. Congratulations.

Thats ausom!!! but ya how was the hunt? Sure doesen't like good low crawling country.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks folks. well The details...

This is one of our crp feilds, about 2500 acres up there. Where the pic is taken is about 5 yards into this years cutting. (had to drag him outta the big grass so you could see in the pic) The grass range in front of me that you cant see is close to waist high. Theres a little coulee just to the south there that you can sneak up onto the crp from and then LOTS (close to a 1/4 mile!) of low crawling down the fence line. I was trying to get a little closer and they spotted me and started to get a little anssey. so I made the first shot, watched the hit and reloaded, then sat an waited close to hour. had some lunch (Toasted bread, dried currents, and some smoked deer.) I could see where he was laying and thought he was down. Started down the hill side there through the high grass and when I got 25-35 yards away, up he jumped an took off again. fired once more, and made a good second hit and down he went, reloaded again and waited a few minutes and walked right on him this time.

I have three more speed goat doe tags to fill, deer buck tag yet, 4 muley doe tags and a whitetail doe tag yet. The rest are just meat, this year I wanted a nice speed goat, I can get all the rest off the same feilds just differant times of the day.

Last week I was sitting in the crp waiting for this herd to come up a little closer and had a few white tails come right up on me within 20 yards or so. and would came in closer untill the camera batteries went dead and the digital sound they make spooked the whitetails which in turn spooked my speedy goats off...

PA150065.jpg

Back