• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikingsword

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all! being fairly new still to this forum I'm not 100% on what you guy's want to see on this sight and what you might consider overboard. I've been a front stuffer for over thirty years but have only recently become interested in apply my skills toward my love of the past. Here are some photo;s of a bowie I decorated based on some idea's from 18th century Tula firearms open to opinions and critique. By the way, I love this sight! All of you make it worth visiting( alhough my wife's not to crazy about my extended use of the computer).

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/viking-sword/Inlaid%20Bowie/

That is some most beautiful work!! All aspects of it. You are an excellent craftsman and artist. The wire work is fantastic. Very well done.
:thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :hatsoff:

Wow! :bow: that is some phenominal inlay work! nice lines! I really like the scabbard treatment! Excellent work! :hatsoff:

one word "outstanding" :bow: :applause: ....that looks like maple, is that sheath made of wood also....i made a wooden one fer a samrui sword i carved one time....wasn't easy at all.........bob

Thanks everyone,I know this site is mostly for the old muzzleloader era( i feel were in the new one and it's only gonna get better,( they Will have to shoot me before they take my rifle)).Anyways, I will be trying to build some authentic looking stuff in the future and post it. Right now I'm gathering parts for my second rifle build and it's gonna be a 62cal fullstock flinter. We have brown bears here that reach 12 to 1500pds and square ten plus ft and I want to harvest just one! Good day to all!

[url] http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/viking-sword/hunter[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
White Buffalo, yes the sheath was made from a nice piece of sugar maple. It was sawn in half length ways and carved out to fit that blade and lined to prevent scratching the blade; then glued up with an ebony throat and tip before carving the outside and inlaying

Thanks! I have a real good friend( kinda short and bald) named Steve Zihn that I used to live by in Wyoming that is going to help me if I get stuck on anything, He's a really good custom rifle builder! He also showed me the basics of carving and inlaying many years ago. I do also learn alot, from going through all the past info on this sight and it looks like I could get alot of input here as well( plus I have alot of the available books for help to!

Thanks! But please folks all of your knives are Great too. What I made is nice, but it is still just a knife! But I sure am glad that you like it.

gees thats AWESOME! very nice work! :thumbsup: and dang i can't draw a straight line with a sharp pencil,a ruler and 3 tries! :shake: look at that knife! WOW! :hatsoff:

Hard not to rave about ALL the components of this knife, so to be quick here, so I'll only mention one;
I love the shape of the handle. The handle says "pick me up" . What a nice grip shape!
OK two comments; The inlay work is flawless.
Dan

Latest posts

Back