• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Bob Tingle LH .50 cal Target rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 62849

32 Cal
Reaction score
If anyone has an interest to buy this rifle it is for sale. Functions as designed and is in good condition. The price is open for discussion as I really dont know its true value.
IMG_1759.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
what a neat looking leftie....never saw one of those before now. Not exactly sure what it's worth

Looks like a CVA rear sight.

I'm interested but need more info:

What is the barrel length and size across the flats?

What is the length of pull to the front trigger?

What is the approximate drop from the line of sight to the heel?

Can you provide a picture of the bore condition?

BL is 32.5”
Across flats is just under 1”
LOP is 14”
Sight to heel is @ 7”
Pictures added

Thanks for adding that information. It won't work for me since I'm after a left handed for a teen girl for her first rifle. Too heavy for her and she won't be getting much bigger.

Gonna be a fun rifle for the right person.

Thanks for adding that information. It won't work for me since I'm after a left handed for a teen girl for her first rifle. Too heavy for her and she won't be getting much bigger.

Gonna be a fun rifle for the right person.
Looking for a more suitable LH rifle for my son which is why this one is up for sale. Good luck

Looking for a more suitable LH rifle for my son which is why this one is up for sale. Good luck
With respect, I wouldn't try to shoot this rifle until someone pulls the drum & inspects it. It seems to be at an angle to the barrel & doesn't not seem to butt up to the the barrel flat. May be cross threaded. I once blew out a drum that was professionally installed & was well done. I don't want anyone hurt.
Roger B.

Regretfully I must agree … the drum alignment does not look good.

8FBB89AD-4456-42F4-936F-636D3B110FD0.jpeg

Here is another LH’d one, that was just posted on this form in August of this year, and you can see that the drum is indeed perpendicular to the barrel.

11FFE3C4-B82F-4000-BA8A-714E3C50BE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI, the condition is fixable, in fact I’d considering buying it and converting it to be a flintlock.

For value, I think it is worth comparable to this auction from a last year, to the value of a good T/C, but only “if in shootable” condition.

49993232-2E14-438B-816D-7C12DA0FAAA6.jpeg

The LH gun posted where the drum is correct … went for $250. But be aware, prices do vary, especially with shops who don’t know BP arms.

And to me, condition always dictates price!

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/tingle-rifles.167329/

Last edited:
Cross threaded????? This is a numbers matching rifle that I have personally shot dozens of times. It functions as it’s designed as the ad states. If you had a concern you could have contacted me personally not blab your uneducated opinion on a public forum. This is precisely why I avoid these forums like the plague.

As a machinist, engineer, and gunsmith … even through cyber space … yes, although YOU don’t like it … that does not look right. The poster who pointed it out was quite correct in making that point!

If you would like … I will offer to fix it for you for FREE … you pay the shipping and for any materials or parts.

The LH gun posted where the drum is correct … went for $250. But be aware, prices do vary, especially with shops who don’t know BP arms.

And to me, condition always dictates price!

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/tingle-rifles.167329/
Yep, that was me! I recognize the couch cushion from my camper!

Yeah, I paid $250 out the door, but granted that was a small backwoods gun shop way up in the mountains and it looked to have been on the shelf for a while. Mine needed some cleaning up and the finish is a bit thin, but the bore and mechanics were perfect. I think it was a good deal. I agree with your assessment that they seem to go for around TC prices. I think they're a notch above in quality and a bargain for the price (I'd gladly trade a TC for one), but they don't have the same name recognition to most people.

Cross threaded????? This is a numbers matching rifle that I have personally shot dozens of times. It functions as it’s designed as the ad states. If you had a concern you could have contacted me personally not blab your uneducated opinion on a public forum. This is precisely why I avoid these forums like the plague.
Why would you call it an uneducated guess? You can plainly see that the drum isn't installed correctly. That alone could be a safety issue. You withdrew the offer after that was pointed out which seems a bit odd.

With that said, anything you purchase used here or elsewhere from others may or may not in perfect shape. Sometimes folks intentionally leave something out that may be a problem and sometimes it's just overlooked. Most will point out flaws or imperfections in their desriptions. No need to take your ball and runaway. Try to make it right.

These are the questions that will determine how quickly it sells and for what price. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but wall hangers go for much less than functioning guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back