• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder pistol a firearm?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a couple from Cabelas and I asked them about that, and they can tell you whether or not someone can have it shipped to you or not. I love walking in and buys one from them, they give me the gun, and I go up to the cash register and pay cash for it and away I go, no durn papertrail. :grin: :thumbsup:

armakiller said:
I was just checking out Cabelas and they have the Pietta .36 Navy steel frame on sale for $199.00!! the regular price is $249.99. Thinking REAL hard on pulling the trigger and getting one. Help me out!! :grin: . Do they consider a black powder pistol a firearm? if not I can get free shipping till midnight tomorrow.

THEY?

Depends on who they are you are referring to. In the store you can buy that Pietta as easy as buying a fishing reel. But, getting it shipped by UPS or FedEx can be animule of a different color. They may not accept it at all. Best way to ship bp guns, I have found, is USPS and not identify contents. Doing that is not illegal but you can run into individual clerks who like to play the burearcrat thing and may refuse to accept the package, even if they have no legal standing to do so. Ask Cabela's what they do. Actually, this discussion is :dead:

armakiller said:
I just ordered it!! shipping was only 16 bucks and change, not bad. Now to buy a .380 mold and some unlubed wads. If anyone else is thinking about buying one, now is the time to get it. Who knows? the sale might be just for this weekend.

I found this post of mine from when I got my first one. Now today the UPS guy has delivered my 2nd. 1851 Navy in .36 cal.! I may be able to get out and shoot them both tomorrow. This one is also nice and tight with no problems at all. It also has some beautiful wood handles on it. I believe Pietta has stepped up their game because I don't see how a pistol can be any better than the 2 I have.

Latest posts

Back