• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beretta 12ga.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintlock50

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know the value of the 12ga Beretta perc. over-under shotgun. Also any feedback from someone who owns or has shot one would be appreciated. Thanks

According to a post on Shotgun world one could be worth up to $950.00 to $1100.00 depending on condition, whether or not it is in the original case, and how many of the original tools/accoutrements it still has.

My friend, Big D bought one shortly after they came out. Only thing he didn't like about it was occasionally the lower barrel wouldn't fire, or would hang-fire, apparently due to the very long fire channel involved. Otherwise, good to go.

I had one but it had come from a bad home and the bores were bad! I had to hone it out so it would load okish! Apart from that it was good, nice and light and it fitted me so I did ok with it. I never had trouble igniting the bottom tube and that was with pyrodex!

The ram rod is flimsy for the guage so I made one from a disused carbon arrow with new brass ends I spun on a lathe.

It shot ball very well.

I would have a tidy one if I could afford it for sure.

berettaML.jpg

Brits.

there is one for sale at Shupps gunsmithing in york pa
On Druck valley rd 717-755-8528
tue wendsday thur 5pm to 7pm //saturday 9am till noon
Good luck
Deutsch

Dixie,
Just don't abuse the stock. It will break fairly easily at the back end of the barrels because the wood is thin and has no sides to stabilize it. One was brought to me many years ago to fix. It is a most difficult task to fix it. Then the owner broke it again. Just be aware of this possibilty.
Volatpluvia

I picked one up at a gun show in the mid 80s, and loved it. It was stolen and never recovered. I used only pyrodex RS in it, and occasionally had failures to fire in the lower barrel (that's a pretty long path for the fire to follow). I suspect hot caps and real black would fix that. I would pick up another if the price was right; now I have a Pedersoli SxS that suits me fine.
Regards,
Mike

I currently own 2 of these. I have shot 1000+ rounds of skeet with one ( the other is still unfired). Skeet load is 75 grs 3F and 1 oz of 9's.

If I'm going duck hunting over decoys I use 80 grs 2F and 1 1/4 of #2 ITX shot.

As for misfires or hang fires, I have not noticed any significant problems in that area. A friend from work and his brother also own one and they use them for small game and pheasant hunting. They haven't noticed any problems with misfires. Just be sure you give it a good cleaning and dry it out.

I just checked Track of the Wolf and they have 2 for sale now 1 with the display case $1100.00, 1 without the case $850.00.

I hope this helps.

AJ

This may be slightly off topic but like you AJ/OH I own a Beretta 12 ga. I've noticed over the years when I've seen others for sale that the one I've got seems to be a bit fancier than some I've seen. There seems to be two different versions. I'm I wrong about this?

Latest posts

Back