• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ball Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrownBear

In Rmembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't tune in on the Accoutrements threads as often as I would like, so apologies if this has already been covered.

Like everyone else I have accumulated lots of "half pairs" of leather work gloves through loss or wearing out just one.

Last night I got inspired to cut one up and make a ball bag. Excellent! Plenty of leather in the XL's I wear, but I bet smaller would work, too. Best of all, the finished bag is "pre-aged" from the leather's previous job. My bag looks like it has had a long hard life right out of the chute.

A grand idea for sure. Might just as well recycle them used gloves, eh. And pics would be nice.

snagg

Pics may take a while. I'm leaving now to pick up a houseful of company, so my time won't be my own for a few days.

I've got a pair of gloves down on our place in the Southwest I used this spring for branding, then lots of chainsaw work. Liberally coated with blood, blackened with oil, and holes in three fingers, so I retired them. Didn't throw them away before leaving, and I'm thinking they'll make dandy ball bags.

Come to think of it, I've got a pair of chaps I retired, but left hanging in the tack shed. Now there's a couple of chunks of leather I could really do something with!!!!!

Hi Bear I make a small bag out of a welders glove,was a welder by trade. The cuff is the bag body,the flap is part that runs down to the knuckles. I resew the cuff, turn inside out so soiled part is inside. Trim the flap.The bag comes out 5" deep,6 wide and 4" flap. I sew two rings on each corner for strap. I have a old book written by Lowell Thomas the news man and it has pictures of George Roger Clark going to Ill. thru the Swamps and the men had these bags only the look like they are made out of deerskin. Being related to Clark I made me a couple of them. I took these bags to be their bullet pouches. Dilly

Back