• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad influences

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam in WI

Flash in the pan
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Is what you folks are. I could have pocketed this money and squirreled it away for a rainy day. But everyone's pictures of beautiful woodsrunners, colonials, and southern mountain rifles was finally too much to bear.

Screenshot_20231227_175916_Gmail.jpg

After weeks of agonizing over woodsrunner/ colonial, .54 or .58, and which darn wood; I finally came to a decision.

A Google search for colonial longrifles is what initially led me to Jim's website; I had zero idea his company even existed a month ago. Fifty four caliber was picked for a balance between horsepower and shootable heft and cherry just because it seems uncommon.

They're incorrigible and present a clear and present danger to my bank account.

If you had just pocketed that money and squirrelled it away it would be worth three to five percent less in terms of what it could buy in just a year from now. You bought that rifle and it will never deteriorate in terms of what it is and what it can do if you take proper care of it.

We are the good influences :cool:

don't think of it in terms of dollars and cents; think of it in terms of a durable asset aquired; dollars and cents are not durable assets

Back