• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Baby Fox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olgriz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took a couple of days ago. I had my camera along and ran into this litter of fox pups or I guess kits is the proper word. There were four of them, and three ducked off and hid, but this one didn't seem to be too worried about me. I walked up to within 6 feet of it. There was a lite breeze blowing in my face. He knew that something was wrong, but he couldn't get a wiff. He'd just sniff away and then look at me strange, then sniff again. He'd stick his nose up wind and sniff, but I was only a few feet down wind -- but then I moved a bit and he went and hid, but he didn't cave in at all, he just took his time and went into the tall grass and hid out.
fox4.jpg

fox5.jpg

fox6.jpg

fox2.jpg

Great pics. Did you take those around here? I didn't know there were any fox around here. But then i don't know a lot of stuff about Around here. ::

Don't let my wife see it, she'll want to kill it, she's lost too many chickens to be sentimental. She traps foxes and I have to shoot 'em.
I keep score with a line of empty fourten shells over the cooker :what:

score.jpg

Cute little tyke!

Squire Robin, from the number of shells expended, you must be overrun with fox: or at least, you were, before you started shooting them! :D

Capt. William

Rebel, Yes, I took the pictures around here, about a mile and a half or two miles form my place. The country's getting over run with foxes. My guess is this one isn't going to last very long. He'd be a serious problem for the other foxes by dumbing down the gene pool The sheep men used to try and keep them under control, because they will eat little lambs, but hardly anyone around here raise's sheep anymore, so the foxes kind of have a get out of jail free card, at least for the time being. The sheep herders can't hardly keep ahead of the neighbors dogs, coyotes and cougars so they've most all gone to cattle. You know, just thinking about it, nobody has any chickens around the place anymore either. Probably because there are too many foxes, coons, possums and skunks. One thing about killing foxes in Oregon. They are a fur bearer and the state has figured out that they can get extra money by selling tags to harvest fur, so iff'n yer plumb honest, you can't shoot a coon, fox and maybe even a skunk without a license and fur tag. Seeing as how I'm plumb honest I'll leave him be -------------- for now.

Squire Robin, from the number of shells expended, you must be overrun with fox:

Or just a bad shot... :crackup:

And why didn't you use a muzzleloader???

Shotgun shells... :rolleyes: :crackup:

About 6 or 7 years ago, I had the pleasure of watching a litter of 5 fox youngens playing while deer hunting. I never saw a single deer all day. But those little fellers made my day. :front:

A few years ago I was standing behind a sheep fence in Friston forest watching a young badger cub. They surface sometimes when the weathers hot, dangerous thing to do because there're a lot of dog walkers about. Anyway, it wandered my way and I suddenly realised I could bend over and pet it on the back so I did.

He looked around as if to say, "What the heck was that? :shocking: and then bolted back down into the cette.

That's a memory I won't forget, he was all bristles ::

Squire Robin,
I here them fox taste just like chicken,
now i know why, that's all they eat :crackup: :crackup:
snake-eyes :redthumb:

Hey, Cowhand. My wife is a budding wildlife artist, and would like to maybe get copies of your fox pictures along with your permission to make a painting from them. What do you think?
Bryan

Back