• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

AZWINS (AZ Western Independent National Shoot)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill L AZWINS

32 Cal
Reaction score
Finally I have managed to get to where I can post on this site. (It's a long story)

As soon as the NMLRA announced they were no longer supporting the WNS in its former form, a group of us started the process to continue the event. While it will not be exactly as the WNS it will be very similar.

Every discipline at the old WNS will be available at the AZWINS (except the Running Boar that Ben Avery has condemned for termite damage)

The biggest difference is there will be a flat fee registration. No additional charges for targets. It took us a while but the shoot program is on the http://azmuzzleloading.com/
website.

We have combined with the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle folks and the US International Muzzle Loading Team to create a premier opportunity for long range shooters.

I have made a number of editing mistakes in fliers and I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Now that i have figured out how to get here, please ask me any questions you might have.

Bill Loughrige
(480) 223-8034

Noticed Off Hand Rifle will be classified, will pistol be classified? It is not mentioned a the end of the pistol matches

Thanks.

Yes the Pistol Competitors will be classified.

Based on the scores at the event in the 600 point match.
Master 88% (528-600)
Expert 83% (498-527)
Sharpshooter 78% (468-497)
Marksman <78%

S
Any reports on how the shoot went?
Shoot starts Feb. 26 through Mar 3.

Information on pistol agg is incorrect, it is a 1,000 point match according to the information on the site.

I am going to pass, to many unknowns.

Know at least 3 from east of the Miss. are going.

Wonder about the availability of BP there and what vendors are going?

Hopefully so, if it turns out to be a decent shoots with enough folks going, they will have it next year. Will be interested in hearing how this shoot is.

It’s my understanding that low attendance was the issue with the NMLRA shoot and the reason some of the Vendors quit going as well.

I’m watching for shoot reports and information on vendors as well. Perhaps some Western states vendors will show up for this one that those of us in the East never see. I’m not opposed to driving out there from Florida if it’s a big shoot with significant vendor participation. There are other areas in Arizona that interest me as well, so I’d not be going all that way just for the shoot.

Back