• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Availability of REAL Black Powder in you area you live for sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 miles one way here in the northern part of Michigan's lower peninsula. Of course, that's also the area where the wife's favorite shopping is, so there's always a good reason to make the trip.

pennypincher,
Here in the Columbus,Ohio area there is at least
one dealer that handles Goex. Runs $15 a pound.
Not bad when I hear some of the other prices
I've heard.If I order 10# thru Grafs runs slightly
less even with the HAZMAT fee.
snake-eyes :hmm:

I am fortunate enough to live about an hour east of the Log Cabin Shop. Also the local sporting goods shop, Runzoe's occasionally will have it, but you can't depend on it.

I am very lucky. Here in Jefferson City Missouri, we have Goex available in a Gunshop not 3 miles from where I work.

Graf & Sons is about 40 minutes away. Maybe 45.

Pretty dern lucky.

Headhunter

Ther's a general store about 20 minutes away that sells Goex, however I buy Goex by the case via Powder Inc.

In the Cincinnati area, Bass ProShops carries it; which is about 30 min from me. I also live about 45 min from Friendship so getting it from the NMLRA HQ is possible if a member.
mrbortlein

I can get it at Log cabin at Lodi,70mi Goex.(15.00) I can get Chinese (Lidi) brand,5dollars cheaper about 5mi away. It shoots good. You know they were the first. Dilly

For me, i can drive 2 = 2 1/2 hours into memphis and get it at Bass Pro, but its over $20 a pound there. so the last time i needed powder i ordered 25# from TOTW so i'm in good shape for a couple of years.

We have a blackpowder shop outside of town in Bemidji, Minnesota. About a 20 mile drive for me. No other sporting shop carry's it.

40 miles of city driving in St. Louis, or I have to drive 50 miles the other way to a country shop that still sells black. I shot Pyrodex for over 20 years before I switched to real black, so shooting it is no hardship for me. I would shoot black if it was still avaialble close by. I live south of St. Louis.

I live just south of Boston and have heard of a one or two places but, they are way out there, so I make a trip to Maine every so often to Kittery Trading post. (AKA as ML's heaven)if you live in this state.

No real BP sold in my immediate area. I understand there is a small gun shop in the next county that does. I usually buy mine at rendezvous but scored a fair quantity of SWISS from a guy who was no longer shooting.

Went to St. Cloud, Minn last weekend and visited Scheels and Gander Mountain. No real BP there either. But a lot more in firearms and supplies than sporting goods stores in my area. GW

I live in a medium-large metro area, and I have called or visited every sporting good shop I can find within an hour of my house, and no one carries real black powder. I order Swiss or Graf (depending on what is in stock at the time) from Graf & Son. Always get it within a few days. They have a 5 pound minimum, which is better than some places.

A sporting goods store 60 miles from me has Goex for $14.83 a pound. My local ML club sells a limited amount at their cost to club members.

One dealer in Tucson carries Schutzen.
He's not cheap, but I try to keep him in business.
Jerry

Like Runner, I live near St. Louis and the only local source I am aware of is in Fenton.

My son lives in central MO, so I swing by Grafs to pick up a coupla pounds of powder, as needed, when visiting him.

Grafs will ship as little as three pounds of powder to any U.S. location, so they are a good source for anyone who is limited by the amount of powder they can possess, or who doesn't want a large supply of powder in the house.
J.D.

I can buy from a local Nothern NH DEALER at $16 a pound for Goex.
BUT,I would rather drive to Peru Maine - 80 miles RT- buy any type I want
Goex, Swiss, Shutzen,etc.. for less money Cash&Carry around $11 to $14 depending on the manufactor.
I wish we could talk about making our own.
But I do understand the moderators legale issues and I am going to leave it at that.
At least I can have access to it..
Wish some of you fellow shooters the best luck.

Back