• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Assembly diections for 1851

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StewartLeach

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A very kind older gentleman in our Boulder Rifle Club gave me a kit to build an 1851 revolver. According to a diagram I found on the 'net all the parts are in the box. The Catch: no directions!

I am not a wheelgun person, and know little of what goes where, let alone when. Can anyone suggest a source for instructions on how to put this thing together?

Thank you kindly,

White Fox

Don't know about directions but I'm sure if you searched youtube theres got to be a vid or two of people assembling the kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a knowledgeable Forum member hails from nearby and could provide some technical assistance for assembly. :thumbsup:

You mean the parts are all loose in the box?? I built a kit revolver once, but it was assembled. Everything was rough and needed finishing. They are not hard to figure out, using the schematic diagram. You will probably need to "time" the cylinder once everything is assembled. There are several old posts here dealing with that. Good luck! Once assembled you will have something to say that you did it yourself.

Back