• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ASM?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel727

50 Cal.
Reaction score
What's the quality of Armi San Marco revolvers made in the late 80's? Found a square back 51 navy for a good price but if the quality isn't good I'll pass on it.

I have an Armi San Marco 3rd model dragoon. I shoot .457 balls in it and they are a very tight fit. I have no complaints. It shoots fine. I need to put a taller front sight on it, as it shoots very high.

I have three ASM pistols. All three have had spring issues that were corrected with new springs. The mainspring on one broke (remedied by putting a leather shim between the mainspring and the frame) and the trigger return springs on the other two broke. Replacement springs lasted a lot longer than the originals. I wouldn't pass a good ASM up because of that. Springs are cheap and have a finite number of flexions.

Dan

Thanks. I was going to buy Rebels Pietta but like I figured by the time I sold something it'd be gone. May take a chance on the ASM.

See my post Hey Zonie and other smart guys. I have had 4 ASM revolvers and every one of them had to be returned for some problem or other. The cylinders not being bored correctly is one of there faults, The timing being way off is another. I will never buy another one.

we have delt with a couple of asm dragoons. The cylinder throats were undersized and of two or three different sizes. Had to be evened up and enlarged. No reamer but different grades of sand paper did amazingly well. Also, the hand had been dropped into one with no effort at fitting. that had to be replaced. On the plus side, VTI now advertises parts for them- don't know how complete, and they did a pretty nice cosmetic job on them.

The first C&B I owned is an ASM 1851. The only problem I ever had was a worn out trigger from shooting. After I replaced it, I just kept on shooting it! So far its been 12 years & MANY hundred rounds & still going strong.

Latest posts

Back