• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anyone shotting the snubnose 1860 colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think o more than 20 gr fff with filler
of your choice...This should be a tolorable load..

Mine was a Remington that had a damaged barrel and was whacked off about an inch from the frame. 20 to 25 grains was comfortable to shoot. Whole chamber full was really impressive! :shocked2:

"The .44 spoke and sent leaden smoke
and 17 inches of flame!" :surrender:

Are you talking about the really short ones like they had at Cabela's? The ones with no loading rod? If so, I'd agree, 20gr. 3F or Pyro P or equivalent with some filler under the ball. :thumbsup:

i had one of the 1860 snubs in .44 loaded it with 25gr 777wonder wad and a 454r/b made lots of noise :shocked2: ,big holes, :blah: and a grin :grin: what else could you ask for. :v :rotf:

two-bellys said:
i had one of the 1860 snubs in .44 loaded it with 25gr 777wonder wad and a 454r/b made lots of noise :shocked2: ,big holes, :blah: and a grin :grin: what else could you ask for. :v :rotf:

I forgot to mention a wonder wad in my above post, but I'd second the recommendation. They are a heck of a lot easier and less messy than using grease to seal the chambers. Good call, two-bellys. :thumbsup:

Ive had the same thing, tryed to make a "belly -gun" out of it also the trigger guard and spur on hammer, you sure lose a bunch of power when it's cut that short, couldnt get a ball thru a Ford hub cap at 25 yds :shake: . Fred :hatsoff:

Guy soldered a half-moon piece of metal on the short barrel that was just the right height for about 35 feet. Never tried a hubcap but it knocked a coupel feral cats into the nickle-bleechers! :v

Ya I cut a NDN 5 cent in a little less than 1/3 and it works great, only thing I dont like is the dang frame is to long, well so are the grip's. Still its a fun gun. Fred :hatsoff:

Back