• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any other crazy kids out there?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend that was an eternal kid. When we were 12 or 13 the rest of us were trying to figure out the "girl" thing, he was building forts, elaborate forts that looked like a miniature of an army outpost out west complete with buildings. This is where we had our BB battles, we wore army helmet liners but no eye protection. I was defending the fort one time, peaked over the rampart and saw my friend Fletcher take aim and shoot at me. The BB appeared in slow motion as it left his gun and made a beeline for my eye, there was no time to duck. The BB hit me in the side of my nose about 1/8" from the corner of my eye and went in below the surface, I popped it out like a pimple.

There was a lot of blood, Fletcher said he was sorry but my wound scared the rest of the kids and we decided that we were done with BB battles for safety's sake. I told my mother I ran into a briar; she knew I was lying but didn't say anything.

When we were 13, I told this childish friend where babies came from, he said "my parents are decent people and wouldn't do such a thing". I guess he figured it out because he had 3 fine sons.
Had a HS friend like that. Girls scarred him to no end. Last I knew he now has seven children and 30 grand children. Guess he got over his fears.

We had the full length muskets. My older brother figured we could put firecrackers down the barrel and stick the fuses out the vent hole and drop a marble down the barrel. Would shoot about 30-40 feet.
I delivered for Dominoes during college. One evening I went to a house with an empty lot next door. In the lot some kids were shooting what turned out to be a 410. The kids either got some blanks or they emptied the shot from the shells and replaced them with Gum Drops and were target shooting with them.

A couple hours later I took a second pizza to the same house. No kids this time and I asked the customer about it. He laughed and said one of the kids was checking the target when one of the others shot him in the arse with a gum drop. They had to take him to the hospital to remove the gum drop.

Then there was that summer I hung out with my two older cousins, Tim and Terry. Terry had me by two years and Tim by four. The attraction that year were expired CO2 cartridges. Drill out the end of the cartridge, stuff the thing tight with match heads. Insert a fuse, drop down an appropriately sized chunk of water pipe. Light the fuse and darn if it didn't work! Wonder if they ever found out who blew out a window in City Hall that day?

My best friend through HS was son of Sheriff,the Sheriff would sit at old gas station and watch everyone cruse mainstreet,break up fights,issue tickets for burnouts,get us drunks out of our vehicles before we got overly stupid, anyway his house was on same block the little gas station was on me and my buddy would get us a handful of eggs through them over gas station roof end egg his cruiser then run and hide in Sheriffs house while he was flying around that area with lights and sirens going trying to find whoever egged him.

I really miss that guy he was a great Small town Cop,we was good friends for years I dont think he ever found out it was his son and I who egged him 2 or 3 times a year for 3 or 4 years.

Put some carbide "rocks" in a soda bottle with a little water. Then, stretched a balloon over the mouth of the bottle. The balloon expanded to the point I feared it would pop, so I tied it off, sat the balloon on Dad's workbench, and admired my idea.

The carbide was starting to stink things up, so I emptied the bottle in the back yard. I knew carbide gas would burn, but had no idea how violently. A candle would work, so I got one of those little "votive candles", lit it, and set it in the garage beneath the family room.

In my mind's eye, I can still see that balloon floating through the air towards the candle....then, the BRIGHTEST LIGHT and LOUDEST BOOOOM! Couldn't see anything except white for what seemed like a long time and I had fallen backwards. Tiny strings of black rubbery ash were floating everywhere but nothing was afire. To say my Dad was shaken is an understatement. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back