• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antonio Zoli Zouave questions.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These Zouaves have been around a long time. Some with beech stocks and some could be had in 8 bore .Some didnt rate them others thought them great . I never shot one .There no where as good as the original Remington's ones but seem to have their devotees . The 8 bore didn't seem to blow out strong gas I've known them shot at Game Fairs by the public probably not with 8 bore loads ( your rifle looks like the trigger guard is back to front incidently ),might bite your finger.) early 60s they where one of the limited replicas offered in UK.
Rudyard

These Zouaves have been around a long time. Some with beech stocks and some could be had in 8 bore .Some didnt rate them others thought them great . I never shot one .There no where as good as the original Remington's ones but seem to have their devotees . The 8 bore didn't seem to blow out strong gas I've known them shot at Game Fairs by the public probably not with 8 bore loads ( your rifle looks like the trigger guard is back to front incidently ),might bite your finger.) early 60s they where one of the limited replicas offered in UK.
Rudyard
Think you will find the barrel would of been stamped 8G, the same as their 12G and rare 16G. All my muzzlloaders in common gauges are also stamped the same. Never ever seen one with " bore" stamped on them but I maybe wrong?

The only bores I am aware of was their .58" smoothbore and their rifled version of the upper .570" bore.

Rudyard
Yes Rudyard the trigger guard is on backwards though when the Zoil Zauave Hunter ( short carbine) were produced and sold they actually had the trigger guard installed backwards like this rifle. So I would assume that's how it came from the factory, Most likely put together Friday afternoon after Smoko.

Hello, and thanks for the add. I have a .58 caliber as well which I'm restoring but having a bear of a time finding parts for the gun. I used to have a link a long time ago but have since lost it. Any insight would absolutely be appreciated. Thanks

Yes Rudyard the trigger guard is on backwards though when the Zoil Zauave Hunter ( short carbine) were produced and sold they actually had the trigger guard installed backwards like this rifle. So I would assume that's how it came from the factory, Most likely put together Friday afternoon after Smoko.
An acquaintance showed me an Original, un-issued, (none were ever issued!) Zouave, and the quality of the workmanship and materials is way above that of the repros, not to knock the replicas. Zouaves often come up at auction, I note. I had about 3 of them until keeping the one I now have; the quality of the repros varied, the parts often being sourced from several shops in 'gun valley' over there, then assembled for sale. There were so many of these originals around in the late 50's-early 60's that many N-NSA guys got their start with them. (My current Zouave is a Navy Arms-marked one.)

I never saw one in 8-bore! Interesting! Would definitely pique my interest back in the day.

Latest posts

Back