• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antonio Zoli 58 caliber Zouave

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://taylorsfirearms.com/1863-zouave-remington-model.html
1670726173028.png

XXVI is 1970. Missing sling swivels. BTW, threads are metric. The pin for the spoon can be made from a nail or a discarded drill bitt shank. Hope you have a barrel & sights somewhere. :D
Yes, the sling mounts are on my list. And yes, the barrel was on another table. Thanks

All of the Zoli firearms were imported from Italy. Some importers had their names on them and others had their logo exclusively with no mention of Zoli but were the same gun. The Zoli Zouave was like the Model T of the gun world with no one knowing how many were made and they keep popping up for sale every day. If you only need a schematic of the lock or the whole gun for that matter they are just like every other manufacturer's Zouave though parts may not interchange readily.
Parts do vary in quality or fit. I've seen ones that had poor wood working, for instance. I've got a good one now marked FARA Gardone, Italy. (Navy Arms lockplate and bbl. markings, also)

Hi, thanks for the ad

Restoring a 58 caliber Zouave I've had for many many years and can't locate the old schematic I once had tucked away somewhere. I see a schematic online for a traditions, but wondering if the parts will actually match up to the gun made by a different manufacturer. I believe one of the markings on the gun implies manufactured in Georgia. Any insight would be appreciated. mgfys, thanks
Zoli Zouave is made in Italy. but any schematic for such will be essentially identical. I suggest VTIreplicagunparts.com

Yes, some places only have limited parts shown. So far the most complete source is Euroarms, but getting in touch with anyone is quite a challenge. If I don't make any headway in the next couple of days I'm going to start trying the others listed (and via phone)!

I'm very curious.... In all the sites I've seen for parts, I've never seen any type of "handle" that screws onto the end of the ram rod. What does one of these look like? I don't even see them on pictures of the gun anywhere else

There is no "handle" that screws to the rammer unless you make one yourself. The threaded end is for accessories like a worm or ball puller. These were not usually included with the gun when new.

Back