• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antler Ball Starter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obi-Wan Cannoli said:
that is a cool little item you got there. do you know if the brass rods are threaded together? I might want to try my hands at one.
I don't know if they are threaded together or not? They do seem to be mounted in there pretty solid. I don't think they will ever come loose. I will find out when I start smacking on it :grin: Respectfully, cowboys1062

Nice un! I want one too. :grin: I like it a lot better than my Traditions short starter.

Hmm. Looks very similar to one that I got with a shooting bag that I bought used.

On mine, the brass is glued into the antler and the brass is not threaded (to accept attachments).

Calum

Calum said:
Hmm. Looks very similar to one that I got with a shooting bag that I bought used.

On mine, the brass is glued into the antler and the brass is not threaded (to accept attachments).

Calum
Yes, they are very similar to each other. Mine doesn't have screwed ends to except attachments either. I also think that the brass tips are also probably glued end as well but may be anchored in as well. Don't know for sure though. It seems very sturdy in there. Respectfully, cowboys :hatsoff:

I have made many similar to that. Nice fun projects and always good looking.
I have used both brass and pieces of hickory ram rod. Never threaded in. Just glued with whatever glue is in arms reach, usually a common household glue. Never had one come loose.

Back