• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Antique 20ga percussion fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bought this gun in a package deal. I posted here on this forum questions about shortening the 44” barrel for my grandson to use. I got “gripe slapped” and threatened with bodily harm if I cut it down!
So here we are a year later and it’s still sitting in my den, unfired and unloved, and time to let it go.
It sidelock works as it should, good strong spring, nipple goes in and out easily. Lock is by W.H. BARNES, Boston. No idea of the age, but it is a pretty gun, brass buttplate and trigger guard, looks like pewter ramrod inlet, tapered ramrod that looks short to me. I have not shot it, and would like to turn it over for some other project.
Shipping will be ridiculous! I could drive out the pins, and remove the barrel for shipping, but it would still need to be a long wooden crate. I would much prefer to deal face to face, and because the gun is in Vermont, I could meet somewhere in New England or New York.
400. Plus shipping or best reasonable offer
Gun weighs 7 lbs

Attachments

• IMG_2678.jpeg
    IMG_2678.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
  • IMG_2692.jpeg
    IMG_2692.jpeg
  • IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
Last edited:
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
  • IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
  • IMG_2686.jpeg
    IMG_2686.jpeg
  • IMG_2685.jpeg
    IMG_2685.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2691.jpeg
    IMG_2691.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
200 bucks takes it, if not it goes to local gunshop, or I cut it down to about 26” barrel for my grandsons. Everybody say’s don’t do it, but nobody wants it so the choice will be mine.

Last edited:
Glad Splinter saw/bought it before I saw it.
I'd have liked to get a smooth bore from Vt. I've been away 50+ yrs, but still claim expatriate status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back