• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another New Guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Howdy,
I'm a relatively new to muzzleloading guy with plenty of questions.
Recently got started with an old CVA .50 caplock that I plan to use for deer hunting this season here in central Illinois.
I've been having so much fun with it that I bought a Traditions Crockett .32 for squirrels. Got my first muzzleloader meat last week! :front:
Should be getting a Kentucky Pistol in the mail tomorrow if the USPS is on schedule.
AND just picked up an old Jukar (that needs work) today for cheap. I think it's a .45.?
If you're gonna do something, you might as well go all out, right?
Maybe I'll have to look for a .54 flinter next...
I think I'm an addict...
Jethro

jethro224,
Welcome to the MLF its great to have you
with us. Sounds like you have the B/P bug very badly
and the only cure is to shoot and smell, shoot& smell.
It won't get rid of the bug,but it will relieve the pain!
Musketman has a picture of the bug you have and it ain't preaty...Contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes

Welcome!Theres always room for another serious case of fever.Sounds like Your getting Your feet wet up to the knees.Keep us posted to Your progress.I know You'll enjoy the Flinter,The Black Powder fever is even worse with the Flinters. :shocking: :thumbsup:

jethro224, welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Welcome to the fire jethro224. Still use my .50 cva for hunting cause it never lets me down. Keep yer powder dry and have fun. :front:

Thanks for all your welcomes! I'm glad I found this place. Looks like lots of good info. and fun to be had. I think I'll like it here.
Jethro

Back