• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another new guy in Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncmrkhd

36 Cal.
Reaction score
hello all, I feel I'm going thru mental pause here in Indiana as I'm gona start shooting BP at 60, A friend gave me a 50 cal Hawkins (cant beat that price)and I'm confused as to just what he gave me.He purchased the rifle new in 1985(got the orig reciept)and its got a book "Black powder guns , Thompson/center arms in nem hampshire. Well the rifle has Investarms SPA 25060 Marcheno Italy on one side of barrel and 50cal made in Italy on the other . So is this a Thompson/center or a Investarms and just what is a Hawkins as opposed to a Renagade or Senica. Before getting the gift I was looking on line and they all seem to be called Hawkins but with diff cosmetics and some with diff cal.I'll end this with a little more to stir some jealousy, He fired it 3 times(in 1985) cleaned it and never touched it till he gave it to me yesterday.Hope to learn a lot form you guys :thumbsup:

From new guy to new guy , welcome . You start turning the pages on this sight and you'll have all your ?s answered in no time .
Have fun with your new toy .

Hi, welcome from another new guy. Lots of places to look to find the information you want. If you cant find what you want, ask, the people on this forum (excluding me) know so much it's amazing.
Ah, male mental pause. It can strike anytime between the age of 20 to 80. I've had it for years.
steve

Welcome to the MLF Mark! You come to the right place for BP knowldge. Camp is filled with friendly knowlegable folks with a lifetime of experience to share.

Welcome Mark! If you could post some pictures, it would help ID your rifle. Is it possible that the booklet isn't the correct one for your rifle?

Back