• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Made this one for a very good friend!
Lignum Vitae slabs
brass pins
6 1/2 inch blade
4 1/2 inch handle
climbing vine all the way around
my version of a large skinner.
100_0447.jpg

100_0441.jpg

100_0442.jpg

100_0440.jpg

100_0444.jpg

Thanks for looking :v

Great job. I love the file work.

Weren't "skinners" a different profile? This looks like a "chef's knife".

Jack, its a short belt knife by about 2 inches, If i lived in the day and broke the tip off of my belt knife (wonder if that ever happened? :rotf:) It would be my new skinner, camp knife, all around cutting tool. :wink: Its the brass pins (fasteners) that make it look funky, would have been more pc with iron but dont trust the lignum not to crack or split with peened iron pins, the wood is way too oily to trust epoxy!
The wood is almost of the pieriod, it was a wood bearing in our towns first water plant, it was cut at least 104 years ago, it was installed in 1906 and removed sometime in the 50s or 60s cant remember.
Thanks to all for the kind words! :v

LH, a fine lookin' set up. What did you use for the blade? Ya done good on the filework too :thumbsup: ...Bud

Thanks to you! :bow:
My first one looked like a banana that layed in the sun for a couple of weeks! :redface:

Bud, the blade is A2 tool steel. :v

Yep, The place I work once used AISI A2 for tooling, Air hardened to RC 60-62.
Jon

Latest posts

Back