• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Johnny-newcomer!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCarp

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings, all!

Great forum!! I'm from Port Crane, NY - just NE of Binghamton. Started shooting military muzzleloaders in `74 when I joined the N-SSA. From there I branched off into reenacting; all periods from ca. 1640-1865. Flintlocks are my favorite, with musket-bored smoothies my preferred all-'round gun....

I look forward to getting to know one and all!

Thanks,

Welcome, and Howdy Neighbor!

PORT CRANE! I can see you as I type this! I live on River Rd. in the Bridge. 1.9 miles up from the Kattellville Rd. intersection. Yellow house that is the first one with nothing but river in front of it on the North side of the road. Little red shed on the hill behind. I'm waving. . . see me?

Hey, hey!
Now, I know you're NOT the guy that put the "Kerry" sign on the riverbank facing me every morning...!
I'm 1.5 miles east of the "Fireside" on old Rte 7 (2nd house on the right past where Nolan Rd comes out).
You wrote down this website for me and gave it to my wife Sue, remember?

Glad You found the camp!Isn't Port Crane just off 88? I've been by there many times.Been by Stumpkillers place also.Hes always setting out in the yard waveing. :winking:Great bunch here You'll enjoy it. :thumbsup:

AH HA! Now it all comes together. It was an open bar with Dewars and I was sitting near an unguarded cooler of Heiniken. Sue was that blurry, two headed girl, right?

No, I promise you you did not see a Kerry sign in my front yard. LOL. The body of a Kerry door-to-door campaign worker, maybe.

Good you made it here. Apparantly I could still spell at the time I wrote the site address. :thumbsup: Hello from Ruth & Me to Sue & you.

Carp,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us. lots of very good people and loads of information no matter where your interest may be.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :thumbsup: :)

Thanks, pards! I look forward to future chats....

Slainte mhath,

Welcome Carp ya better watch out there's a guy here abouts called musketman. He's liable to fill yer head full of all kinds of musket tales! :crackup: :crackup:

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Flintlocks are my favorite, with musket-bored smoothies my preferred all-'round gun....

Mine too Carp... :D

So why the name Carp???

The only reason I can think of is that you are downwind of Stumpkiller's shack...

He says the smell is just Liver Eatin' Johnson's leftover possum/bait-fish chili...

I think Mrs. Stumpkiller likes to pull his finger...

With the last name Carpenter, one is inevitably called "Carp" or even "Carpie"...!
I've lived with it my whole life, so I go with it, ya know?

Back