• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another .31

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this one landed yesterday. put some TOW SS nipples on her that didn't fit my other .31, but were proper for the Uberti.

oddly enough, no short arbor and no timing issues. will completely disassemble this weekend and smooth hammer/trigger works.........although feels pretty good now.

I must have got lucky given that expecting to have to do a lot of work on her.

20240214_201054.jpg
20240214_201105.jpg
forcing cone had no chamfer.......so might need to work on that. not sure if that's correct or not.

be well.

camo

Very nice. I love my .31. It follows me everywhere. Other than slixshots, I haven’t done anything to it. Mines a 2004.
so normal to not have chamfer on forcing cone?

some pics I've seen show the opening larger than bore size.

will have to micrometer it and pull out the jewelers loupe I have to see what's going on.

thanks for thoughts on this!!!!

camo

No thoughts. Dont get down to those details. If it fires everytime and makes a tight group on targets its good enough for me. Not a competition shooter. Cant help there.
took a mic to opening of forcing cone last eve. about 2 hundredths larger than cylinder opening.

look like it narrowed down as approaching the bore.

won't touch and leave her be.

camo

Does it fire? Hit target most of time? Then don’t overthink it. Enjoy it.
These little.31 are finicky, and not necessarily accurate. If we were discussing a Colt Navy or a Rem 58, different story.
These .31 were/are made to hit a man’s chest across a poker table.
Nothing more.
Main thing on these is reducing cap jams. Change nipples, smooth hammer face. Both on utube.
Seriously, outside of that you are just wasting time.

Back