• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anniversary Dinner at the place that triggered my interest in Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I had our 51st Anniversary Dinner at the "Fort" restaurant in Morrison, CO. The Fort supposedly is a replica of a fur trader's fort and they hold small "Rendezvous" and muzzleloader demonstrations there. Buffalo, Prairie Quail and mountain trout make up a good portion of the menu.
Some years ago, when I was just a boy in my early 60's, I stopped by to see what they referred to as a Rendezvous. A fellow and his son were shooting a percussion and a flintlock rifle. The flintlock was, to me, beautiful with bold, tiger stripe wood and engraving on the lock. The pair noticed my interest and kindly offered me the chance to shoot the flintlock. Let's say that my resulting shot would not qualify me in competition. In fact, I have no knowledge about where that lead ball landed. I did see a puff of dust come off the ground in front of the target stand, but that couldn't be the result of my shot. Or was it!
Now, I shoot my flintlocks and percussion rifles and pistols regularly. And, it turns out that the tiger strip maple rifle that started my interest had faux stripes. The builder had made the stripes himself. Well, it did look good.

Thank you!
The owner of the Fort died a few years ago and his daughter took it over. It still has the western ambience , nice views of Denver and TeePee inside the Fort. It still is expensive, but worth it for special occasions.

I've had the good fortune to dine there several times, great food(always elk) but tremendous menu to choose from ambiance and patio views, worth every penny!!!!!!!

Congrats,I see you posted this on Tuesday,that was Carol's and My Anniversary as well. However it was only 25 for us. I got a late start and didn't marry until I was 45.

my wife has only had to put up with me for 46 yrs so far. and in those blissful years many of a gun have graced my door step!.

Back