• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

American longknife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I got this knife about a yr. ago and haven't found much info on it. There's a drawing in Buckskinner (#4 I think)
of one shaped like it and called a Belduque and was said to be circa 1820-1840 from Taos, N.M. It's obviously very old
blade, hilt, and tang all forged from one piece. Blade 1/4"
thick at hilt tapering to very thin at tip. Blade 10 1/2".
Anyone seen any like this?

Belduque.jpg

Spanish Belduque

These knives are replicas of the classic Spanish fighting and camp knife. L to R: 10" blade with horn handle;
Onate Damascus Cuarto Centennario Commemorativo (limited edition) 10" blade.
Notice the 250 layer damascus blade, the beautiful Mastedon ivory handle with sterling silver pommel and fittings, a true collector's edition; 8" blade with horn handle...

Knife_pic_8_belduques_3_w_damascus_72.JPG

My grandma-in-law had two or three of these back in her day...

Thank you very much, Musketman. We can always count on you to come up with some pics and info. :applause: :applause:

Back