• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Allegany Uprising --- John Wayne

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullmoose

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I want you all to take a gander at John Wayne's
possible bag, WOW what a design, and notices them eating with 3 prong forks too. Watch the skinn'in knives too, ALL NICE, I wonder where that bag is today. Also at JW's court ,when the girl loads a gun, by pouring some into her hand as a measure, instead of using the horn straight into the barrel. all interesting.

When they are shooting at the fort,one guy sitting
down and a clatch and cocks the cock back but not
the frizzen. Another guy standing behind reaches
forward and closes it for him and it fires. They
used real Kentuckys and Besses too..Great flick.
The girl was Clare Trevor.

I always got a kick out of that scene. That and when The Duke says "We're only taking men with longrifles", and yet there are an awful lot of muskets being carried on that rescue of the kids. :hmm: But it still is a great movie.

jimmytheshank said:
I always got a kick out of that scene. That and when The Duke says "We're only taking men with longrifles", and yet there are an awful lot of muskets being carried on that rescue of the kids. :hmm:

Maybe he just meant "NO CANOE GUNS"? :rotf:

Now I'm gonna have to dust off my "The Fighting Kentuckian" and check that out again!! :hmm:

I first saw this movie in 1939 at age 7,and I blame it for both my love of history,and of M-L's. For years, I would describe the great opening scene, the lantern illuminating the sign boards with cast and production info. When we finally got a chance to see the movie, in about 1978, my wife was astonished at what I'd remembered.
Jim Smith and his "Black Boys" really did exist, and did have some minor kind of rebellion.
I only had a VHS copy (passed to my grandkids so they'll learn, too) and should get a dvd copy. Hank

I had the VHS tape and wore it out. Used to go to blackpowder Matches at the """BLACK Boys of Bloody Run,near veratt Pa.."

Came in Netflix today----Weekend movie if I can wait!!!,Then I'll watch "The Fighting Kentuckian".

John Wayne was a neat guy. He loved those black eyed, black haired women and whiskey. But I think he liked loud mouthed drunks who tried to pick a fight with him even better. He would cold cock them with one punch.

It's a fun movie, but could have been better. The script needed work. And it's anti-trade gun bias offended me :grin:

Oh yeah, The one he made with Oliver Hardy? Good movie.

That's a really oddball one. A Napoleonic romance set on the American frontier.

I got my copy in the mail today and popped it into my Del lap top as that was the only thing I had still playing DVDs. Didn't get through the credits and the dam computer crashed! :surrender:
It is 14 months old just old enough the warrantee is no good. Del used to make great computers, but now are just Chinese made junk like the rest! :blah:
Maybe I'll get to see the movie some day. :(
Old Charlie

Old Charlie said:
I got my copy in the mail today and popped it into my Del lap top as that was the only thing I had still playing DVDs. Didn't get through the credits and the dam computer crashed! :surrender:
It is 14 months old just old enough the warrantee is no good. Del used to make great computers, but now are just Chinese made junk like the rest! :blah:
Maybe I'll get to see the movie some day. :(
Old Charlie

Get it straight Charlie... it's MALAYSIAN JUNK assembled with Chinese parts... and pretty much every computer made today is made of parts from Malaysia or China..... :nono: :shake: :haha: :haha:

I can say that as I personally spent in excess of a quarter $M annually on DELL systems as part of my (previous) employment - and not because we bought DELL ... I can say that they all suck and definitely seem to die right after the warranty expires.

I am now under significantly less stress until I find a new IT job...
:surrender: :hatsoff:

Back