• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alcohol in barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,,as long as your having good luck,,I'm sure we all wish you more of it...

Jack will clean your pipes out, not sure about gun barrel.

But then again if they make it in a barrel then it might clean a barrel.

:thumbsup: good fer you...I was jus trying to answer your question,,not telling you to do it.I do it, an it works for me..so i'll keep doin it, an guess no reason for you to change either,,whatever is workin! :hatsoff:

Never herd of EVERCLEAR. We just used grain and called it grain. Cleaned glass with it and made jungle juice, and made jungle juice and then we would make jungle juice. After that we would drink the jungle juice, wake up two days later and start cleaning glass again. You get the picture.

After a while we forgot about cleaing glass or anything else for that matter. :grin: :redface:

RC said:
:thumbsup: good fer you...I was jus trying to answer your question,,not telling you to do it.I do it, an it works for me..so i'll keep doin it, an guess no reason for you to change either,,whatever is workin!
Yes, I understood that. And I was explaining my experience because I think it's important for the new guys to know there are other ways to do that and most other things in the hobby. Everyone is free to choose, but that works best if there is more than one choice.

Spence

edmelott said:
I have read many here that swab out their barrels with alcohol to remove oil and such. Will rubbing alcolhol from the drugstore on a cotton patch work or is there some other type you use? Thanks
Yes, swab with a cotton cleaning patch using the highest rubbing alcohol percentage you can get, usually 91%. This will remove any left over oil that could potentially render your first powder charge largly inert. Only dampen the patch with alcohol, it shouldn't be dripping wet. If loading becomes difficult try swabbing with an alcohol cleaning patch every few shots to remove built up powder fouling.

Back