• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alamo Movie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get done with the one you're writing now and then do the Bowie one, I'd like to see a good movie on Juan Seguin. He's another Texas hero you don't hear much about.

This is a very interesting thread. I do find it a little strange that there is so much concern that the film was PC/Hollywood propaganda. I've watched the film a number of times and have never looked at it that way. All in all it's always seemed like a fairly good balance and is probably the most historically accurate depiction of the events. The costuming and production design were first rate, especially for a period (1830s) that the film industry often stumbles over.

Whether or not you're a Texican, the folks that defended the Alamo were of a fairly diverse background and yes, some like Bowie were slave owners. And no, it's not a historical documentary; movies rely on a type of story telling meant to convey something of the human condition. If everyone was of the gung-ho stripe, it would not be a very interesting movie.

Back