• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ahoy .,Greetings and Salutations to all.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarborMaster

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am currently living in Washington State and have been since 1976. In 1990 I was able to aquire a dupe of an 18'th century old english swivel (cast in Stainless and nickel) Since then I have enjoyed a big bang on the 4th. During the summer of 93' I also aquired a blue and gold macaw..., after that it seemed like destiny....., many cannons later ,a scuba diving resort ,a hotel ,and a bar for a tropical retirement I have 3 years to go to full fill my black powder dream. Yes a ship too !
A trip thru our web site and the pirate section of our photo gallery pretty much sums it up., Tropico Web Site We should be up and running for guests in 4 years. Until then., I am just learning all I can.

Harbor Master,
Welcome to the MLF, glad to have you with
us. Lots of friendly folks and information here.
Sounds like you got all your ducks lined up towards
retirement. Hope it all works out as planned.
Contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome HarborMaster. I was hoping to see more pics of your boat and the guns aboard them. I take it you're ready to repel boarders (you know, the guests who stay late after their term is up)?

Not ready to repel any boarders just yet., The Ship we are having built is more of a S.E. Asian Galleonized Catamaran Scuba Diving Camper Pirate Special., Didja get that? It has to serve many purposes.

1. Meet or exceed a ships LOA that being 52 ft (boats are 51 ft and shorter) we should be 57 with bow spirit.

2. A cabin in the back for me .,a kitchen.,a head.,and a scuba storage room. and a poop deck on top., The front sleeps 4 and the mid section 12 X 20 is flat for divers to convene and gear up.
3. It needs to be made from two 48 ft Banca hulls. Thats a cheap Philippine fishermans boat (Banca) a 40 ftr is about 2000 American with a 4 cylinder diesal.,For this build we are opting for 2 larger banca hulls and a 6 cyl., with a single mast 2 square sail a jib and a boom. for under 20k.

The 4 little 24" guns are a "Signal Cannon" and wont get us into trouble with the Philippine authorities. They will serve my purposes in naval trundles on slide carriages., go Boom., and stay out of the way of the divers.

For me its all I need and can swing as there is alot more to be spent in other areas to make our pirate themed dive resort.,Tropico Beach and Marina a reality .

This vessle is mainly for taking Divers out on a 4 day dive safari around a few of the local islands and make early retirement *Bliss*

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

thank you very much men., I must say I have enjoyed reading the forum and have been learning all that I can. I do very much enjoy the photos of peoples personal handi-work whether its pistol.,rifle.,or cannon build.,The talent here is impressive really.

Back