• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accuracy Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you will receive many suggestions. You are starting with a clean bore I’m sure. When you swab the bore do you notice any roughness at all anywhere in the barrel? Feeling for a spot tat might have a bit of pitting. This may or may not be there. If so a bit of gas might leak at this spot and affect accuracy.
I’m guessing the bore is in good shape.
i swab between shots. Some think this is unnecessary but I do it. Many still do it.
You want the consistency between each shot as you can get.
With each shot the pressure changes as each shot deposits a little more fouling. So I swab to get the best consistency between each shot.
Change you powder load. I was taught to try 5 grain increments but you can try 10 if you choose. Might try a different patch thickness.
Each piece likes its own diet.
Some things to think about
Just make sure you only change one thing at a time. whether it be the patch, the amount of powder, whatever. 1 at a time.

I built four of those gpr kits and every one was a patch cutter. They all came around after working on the crowns and firelapping.

Went to Kempton yesterday and bought a possible bag and I think my shooting improved. Let me clarify the target. POA (point of aim), CAM-PC (patch cut a muzzle or pre cut) 1st group 5 shoots was lousy 60gr .018 cut at muzzle, bumped it up to 70gr for the 2nd and had an improvement. That was 8 shots with both cut at muzzle .018 patches and precut. The 3rd was 5 shoots, now that's what I'm looking for. This was around 30yds off bench, wiped between shots with damp patch, used Mr Flintlock to wipe and for lube, ball patch just damp. My analysis is amount of powder means a lot. Got more work to do and then move it out to 50yds. Not one hole but I think I'm improving. Thanks guys for all the help, much of the credit belongs to you.
Phil WIN_20230729_13_21_50_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back