• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A pretty good Trade.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slamfire said:
I don't know ol' buddy, yuh might just need one in that marvelous tree stand yuh built. 24" barrel, 38" twist, QLA muzzle, Rubber butt pad. :grin:
What caliber?
Dang it!!!I said no more muzzleloaders!
Does it shoot good?DUOH'
There I go again.
I'm thinking anything that loads from the front(With a roundball of course)would look good in that Treestand.You wait till my New Wool Coat comes in the mail in a day or so.Man I'm gonna look funny wearing a wool coat and sportin along a new hawkin in June.... :shocked2:

.50 Caliber, I been shootin' it in the duel, and it's keepin' 'em under an inch, mostly under a half inch. And yuh can shoot it in yore shirt sleeves, it's got a shotgun style butt. :thumbsup:

Slamfire said:
.50 Caliber, I been shootin' it in the duel, and it's keepin' 'em under an inch, mostly under a half inch. And yuh can shoot it in yore shirt sleeves, it's got a shotgun style butt. :thumbsup:
I dated a girl once that had the same "Shotgun style Butt"....... :wink: It wouldn't be proper to tell ya why.... :wink:
Slamfire.....I have no doubt that your rifle would shoot better with you behind it than me.Any rifle for that matter.
If I lived below the border instead of above I'd be tempted but it's not worth the hassle....Flintlocks on the other hane are an entirly differant story.

When it comes to women's butts, I've always preferred the inverse Hawkin style. :rotf:

Slamfire said:
When it comes to women's butts, I've always preferred the inverse Hawkin style. :rotf:

For me I pretty much prefered any style.... :grin:
This conversation is headed downhill fast...I'm off to bed....Goodnight... :v

Slamfire said:
Halftail said:
roundball said:
Looks like a good deal to me...the nylon muzzle guide is a good sign too....50cal caplock?
Yup,
50 cal,caplock.Shot very little.I now got 3 differant T/C[url] guns.Rennegade[/url],New Englander and hawkin.What ones am I missing?PA Hunter,Cherokee?Black Mountain Mag?Anyother wooden stocked ones that I missed?
White Mountain Carbine. :v

Big Boar .58 (Renegade variant?)

Last edited by a moderator:
HalftailHeck No! Grey Whiskers! I wouldn't own one of them kind of guns... :grin: [/quote said:
Halftail,

I didn't mean to cast doubt on yer character by suggestin that your gun cabinet was filled with unmentionables. :hmm: You made a good deal but it only proved that you haven't conquered your B/P addiction. :wink: GW

grey whiskers said:
HalftailHeck No! Grey Whiskers! I wouldn't own one of them kind of guns... :grin: [/quote said:
Halftail,

I didn't mean to cast doubt on yer character by suggestin that your gun cabinet was filled with unmentionables. :hmm: You made a good deal but it only proved that you haven't conquered your B/P addiction. :wink: GW

I dunno,
Maybe it's worse to have a Shell Shucker in the gun cabinet than an "unmentionable one" :confused:
I was lookin around last night an I only got 3 modern guns left and 2 of them is a single shots and the other is an antique Marlin.One point in time I had in the neighbourhood of 15.
I hope I never cure that addiction. :v

ya dun good halftail! :thumbsup: if'n ya can get somethin you'll use fer somethin ya didn't,ya dun good! now what ya gonna trade when that flinter comes round? (that was yer wife"s gun??????? where ya sleepin now??????? or is she the proud owner of a hawken? :blah:

Some times it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permision. Good deal Half Tail. I have a T/C hawkens that I feel comfortable hunting with out to 100 yards, it's a .50 as well. F.K.

Naw you didn't make a good trade, you made a da__ good trade. :rotf:
How come I never run across those kind of folks? :thumbsup:

50 cal.cliff sayed "How come I never run across those kind of folks?""" well 50, it's like this...(an not that I'd ever pick on ole halftail! :blah: ) but if ya read his post.. he sayed "STUMBLED across an ad this weekend in the local "Buy and Sell".""" now accordin to his friend ole soggy...seems "stumblin" is halftail's usual...so if yer lookin fer a deal....walk the walk...er stumble the stumble.... :confused: he's tough to follow.... :shocked2: (notice too, he sayed he were gonna get down out'a his treestand this[url] year..stumblin[/url]..and treestandin.. = .. :nono: ) :shocked2: RC (asides he's a lucky sob!)

:hmm: :hmm: :wink: :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
RC said:
ya dun good halftail! :thumbsup: if'n ya can get somethin you'll use fer somethin ya didn't,ya dun good! now what ya gonna trade when that flinter comes round? (that was yer wife"s gun??????? where ya sleepin now??????? or is she the proud owner of a hawken? :blah:
Well RC,
It was mine once then she thought it was hers.....Long story.....She tried the shootin thing but didn't like it but she's a good enuf sport just to tag along and watch me an the Boys while we play......She's a good one,that's for sure. :thumbsup:

Just call me ol' stumblin Tail... :grin: I'm got the urge to head on out to the range tonight....Good chance there might not be any Black flies out tonight.....It's blowing 50 mph out of the Northeast.Not a good sighting in night....but what the hey!
Only 4 months and I can hunt with that new Hawkin........ :thumbsup:

SO LIKE "THIS" IS HER PUNISHMENT???????? :blah: (I know ya got a good one there halftail...still tryin to figur out how! :shocked2:

fisher king said:
Some times it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permision. F.K.
Oh how I've learned that over the last 19 years. :v
What's your best combo and powder charge?I'm thinking it will work with what all my T/C's work with.018 ticking patch and a .490 ball.50 GRAINS of 3f for target and 90 grains for hunting.
I did score 2 boxes of mIni's in this deal and might experiment with them and try to bowl one over with one of them this fall.Just for a change of pace but I am a die hard roundball fan.

RC said:
SO LIKE "THIS" IS HER PUNISHMENT???????? :blah: :shocked2:
Her punishment is being all balled up with ol' H-Tail..... :wink:
RC Said
(I know ya got a good one there halftail...still tryin to figur out how!
Even a Blind chicken gets a worm once in awhile! :blah:

Great deal, :thumbsup: Can't beat that, especially when you both walk away happy.

Cheers Teach

I reckon she saw yuh stumblin' and figures she could make a graceful Halftail outa a blind worm. :shake:

Latest posts

Back