• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A few flinlocks.......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KABAR2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Got a little bored so I decided to try composing a few photos...... the end result....

407916052.jpg

Pistols are original the musket is a copy made in spain and imported by Navy arms back in the 80's they only imported ten of them....I detailed it copying the molding around the lock,tang & side plate off an original I had in my collection at the time.... bronze swivelgun is a repro also.....

Great picture and some Beautiful arms there!!

The lowest pistol is really something special, any hope of a trade?

Cheers

Sorry I started collecting Spanish arms back in the 80's during my re-enacting days..... I had to sell most of my 18th C. collection & that was the first pistol I purchased & the only thing I kept.....when it does go to a new home I'll be dead and buried..... it is a 1752 with a musket style side plate these plates have been found at Spanish colonial sites so it seems the ones with the "french" side plate were kept in Spain....
Do you collect Spaniah military arms?

When I have time I'll be posting seperatly on the Navy Arms musket, I sold it to a friend back in the late 90's so getting it back was like an old friend coming home...

Hi Allen! Now, all of a sudden, the photo shows fine. ?? Has to be something with my computer. :hmm: Don't understand the long delay. :idunno:
Anyway, great photo!! Super cool!!
I never knew Navy Arms ever made any Spanish muskets?? YES!! When you have time please post additional photos of the musket as a seperate Thread. It's rarity would make a real interesting topic. Thanks for posting. Rick. :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Think the M.1752 was actually made for a specific contract some time back and Navy got the over-run...at least that's what I recall. Those muskets till show up occasionally on the gun auction sites or through TOTW.

Nice photo---but too many pistols in it, seems cluttered up. Send me one of 'em AND that sword... :haha: :haha: Tom

Hello Kabar!

No I do not collect Spanish military arms, but I do love antique flintlocks.

I have a few British and Ottoman examples and I truly cherish them so I can sympathize with your love for that piece.

Someday I am going to take the 52 apart and pull a set of molds off it, I would love to make a few sets......

Tom Knight said:
Nice photo---but too many pistols in it, seems cluttered up. Send me one of 'em AND that sword... :haha: :haha: Tom
No not cluttered enough! I need more pistols! :thumbsup: ..... And Swords.....

Back