• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN .62/20 gauge smooth rifle hoyt barrel jug choked curly walnut stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is a "smooth rifle" I finished a couple months ago. Gun was built from a blank of curly Black Walnut. I had to glue a piece of the same wood on for the blank to be large enough for a cheek piece.
Gun has a 20 gauge oct/rnd smoothbore barrel by Bobby Hoyt. Barrel has been jug choked full by Danny Caywood. barrel is 37"s long
Chambers Dale Johnson flint lock.
Brass hardware and has a hinged wooden patchbox.
Gun has a rear peep sight that is just soldered on....can be removed easily if someone wanted to.

13 3/8" length of pull and gun weighs 7.5#s

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's a plain steel fowler sight soldered on. Tomorrow I'll get a pic of it and some pics of the gun in the sun to show off the wood grain and color better.

You can click and zoom a couple of the pics of it against the wall and see the front sight fairly good.

She's a beauty! Next thing on my list but currently am in middle of .58 lehigh build. Definitely would be in the market once .58 is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back