• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.60 cal GETZ BARREL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.62RB

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .60 cal Getz bbl and need a mould for it. I hear Rapine has closed it's doors. Anybody know where I could find a .590 or 595 ball mould?

Thx

Gary

I haven't got around to ordering my own, but Jeff Tanner Moulds get rave reviews around here. He's in England, but evidently you send your money to a Sand Diego address, and mould delivery is quick.

One thing though- If that barrel is truly 60 cal, a .595 is almost certainly too large. I've got a 62 cal GM drop-in that's small by some 62 cal standards, and it wants a .595 with ticking patches.

You might give Goetz a call or perhaps some of the brains around her can do the math, but I'm betting you might even need something like .585 balls to use ticking patches, if that bore is really a 60.

A really cheap but darn decent roundball mould can be specified to any diameter in 0.005" increments from Dixie. It is there "scissor" mould. Sort of a pain to use, but what a nice bullet it makes. I had one in .630" for my old Lang double rifle.

Brent

Back