• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

54 prb vs varmit (pic)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well its finally warm enought here in Ohio to see those ground hogs out and about tearing up the fields. I took out the 54 and started working on them. I had missed 2 already today because of bad flint so i put on a good flint and i saw a ground hog at 100 yds. I snuck up on it around 25-30 yds and pulled the gun up and touched off the trigger. I was using 60 grains of fffg ,the hog didnt move a muscle after that.

54.jpg

Good deal on the hog!

Pretty wood there too...I notice its a right handed Flintlock...(looks like T/C's redesigned lock)...and the cheek piece is also on the right, so I assume you shoot it left handed?

roundball,
It is a custom flinter with a t/c lock and birds eye curly maple stock. it is made for a left handed shooter but I shoot it right handed. It is kinda goofy but it works perfect.(posted for thomp shooter)

I'm a little puzzled by your reply...you say you're posting for 'thompson shooter' ?
And you refer to you being the one who shoots the rifle?
:confused:

roundball,

I was at silent snipers house when i wrote that reply. sorry for the confusion.

thanks aaron

a thin metal. Im not sure on the exact name. The gun was built by the guy in 1966 so im not sure if that will help you know what the exact metal is or not. I took the gun to a shoot today and got 20 outa 200 pts. but im still learning how to shoot my 1st flinter

Wood chucks arn't bad eating. They are a lot like squirrel but milder tasting.

Don

Good hunting and shooting Tromp. The metal looks Babbitt bearing. I know one fellow who uses it on his knives. Dilly

Back