• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .54 Flintlock Rifle By Jerry Kirklin Andrew Verner Long Rifle Reduced

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a comment from Nate

I would like to point out to anyone who has not looked at it, the rifle that Mule Brain has for sale by Jerry Kirklin is an outstanding example of a recreation of an original rifle. In my own opinion , having seen many fine renditions throughout the years of this iconic rifle , this one is as true and finely executed as a person could possibly ask for. I have no idea how much access Mr Kirklin had to the original piece nor have I ever viewed this piece or the original in person, only studying them in depth as possible in photos. This is not meant to take anything away from the other fine copies of this piece , only to point out a nice one! I have NO interest in the sale of this rifle, only regret that I do not have the funding at present to buy it for myself. I just wanted to point out to other lovers of these guns , a fine specimen!!! Thanks Nate

Is this a bench copy of a Vernier?
Looks like it has all the carving, wire, inlays of the well-known original. I have a copy of the Verner gun and this one looks like it's twin, other than a little different figure in the wood. If you're looking for a near perfect copy, this is probably it.

Could never hunt with that ,be to busy bumping into trees admiring that gun (WOW)/Ed
Oh I’d have that gun in the late season, snow falling and posted just inside the woods over looking a tasty field of clover! It does the builder a disservice to not put his work into action! Just saying 🤷‍♂️

Oh I’d have that gun in the late season, snow falling and posted just inside the woods over looking a tasty field of clover! It does the builder a disservice to not put his work into action! Just saying 🤷‍♂️
I agree except hunt that one in a condo ,dry with heat and a humidifier to compensate for
the heat /dryness !!!Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back