• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE 54 caliber Green River Forge Astorian Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a 54 caliber Astorian Rifle made by Dan Young and owned by the late Herb Hazen, co-owner of GREEN RIVER FORGE when it was in Springfield, Oregon. This is according to the receipt I have from the Gun Works. There are no makers marks except for DY (Dan Young) inside the lock.

The stock appears to be Walnut. The 1” x 32” browned barrel was acquired from the Sharon Barrel Company. I believe the lock to be a Siler and takes a 5/8” flint. The wood to metal fit is EXCELLENT! The furniture is brass and appears to be handmade. The Touch Hole liner does not have a notch so is not easily removable. The sights are Windage Adjustable. The rear has a Notch and the front is a Blade. Overall length is 47”. LOP is 14”. It weighs 9 1/4 pounds.

I’ve shot it a few times and everything works as it should. There are very few handling marks. There is some discoloration in the finish on the right-hand side of the barrel near the muzzle. They almost look like scratches but they’re not. There is another “imprint” on the top of the barrel near the tang. I’m not sure what that’s from. These were a niche between a factory made and a custom gun. I have photos of the top and bottom as well.

$2000 with FREE Shipping!

Thanks!

Walt

Attachments

• GEDC4366.JPG
    GEDC4366.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 332
  • GEDC4367.JPG
    GEDC4367.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 361
  • GEDC4369.JPG
    GEDC4369.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 365
  • GEDC4372.JPG
    GEDC4372.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 353
  • GEDC4373.JPG
    GEDC4373.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 337
  • GEDC4376.JPG
    GEDC4376.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 340
  • GEDC4379.JPG
    GEDC4379.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 333
  • GEDC4392.JPG
    GEDC4392.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 332
  • GEDC4400.JPG
    GEDC4400.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 309
  • GEDC4411.JPG
    GEDC4411.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I can’t help but wonder what rock these clowns with zero manners and common sense, are slithering out from under these days on this forum…in feeling not the slightest shame hijacking the post of an established, respected and responsible member, to slip in their own 2 damn cents (which is most likely a scam)!!! If you are not the OP (original poster)…DO NOT even remotely mention any inconsequential manure you may have for sale!!!! Further, to others on this forum…please don’t reply to such hijacked posts, no matter how tempting that carrot they’re dangling may be!!!
To BP Addict…nice rifle, good luck in your sale! I do apologize for taking the soapbox on your ad (this “brianq” really pi#%^* me off). EC121…you’re much too kind, buddy👍👍

Last edited:
Back