• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 Cal. T/C percussion:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmdd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last month while seeing my dr. he ask me what I was doing now that I am retired. I told him I had picked up black powder shooting and muzzleloading. He said he had inherited a black powder rifle 8 yrs ago when his father-in-law had passed away and it was just collecting dust as he has no interest in those old things. Well, he called today and I went and found a .54 cal. T/C Hawken. Barrel is browned and bore in good shape. Tang has been blued and has some splotches on it like bluing did not take in those spots. Screws a little messed up from not using correct drivers but overall it is in descent shape. I gave $125, so how did I do? Did I give to much??? :idunno:

Sounds like you done well. I paid 150.00 for my .54 TC Hawken caplock kit back in 1982. Dilly

You done good! here in Georgia I have gotten 2 t/c .50 hawken rifles one I gave $100 for the rifle and leather case, and the otherone I traded an old Spanish Mauser for it and leather hunting bag, powder horn, maxi-balls, roundballs, and a bunch of jags,picks and so forth.

here is Eastern WA state if you are patient TC Hawkens and Renegades are 125-250.The inlines sell better out here.It suits me just fine.

Thanks guys, I did get a powder horn too, guess now I need to get out and shoot it and figure out if I want to keep it, except for a cap and ball pistol the wife bought me for xmas my others are flintlocks, guess it wouldn't hurt to have one modern rifle.... :rotf:

keep it.With a .535 ball and .015 patch (with spit) and either 70g Pyrodex RS or FF Wano(Schuetzen or Graf label) it will shoot under 2" at 50 yards and sometimes much much smaller.I shoot 20-30 shots without a wipe with either powder during an offhand session.I blow down the barrel between shots(not sure if it helps but i do it out of habit)It balances out offhand very well for my tastes.

it is kind of modern so i may add a AR15 fore end and M4 adjustable stock :wink:

Latest posts

Back