• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.50 Cals Need Love to (750 Yard 1:24 Twist .50 Cal, Rice Barrel)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

40 Cal
Reaction score
As the title say’s, .50 Cals need love to :D This is a SERIOUS .50 Caliber Muzzleloader, I Can’t Speak highly enough of this 1:24 Twist Rice Barrel (All 3 of my Rice Barrels) Here is my .50 Running 750 Yards

The Video

gUxIq6m.jpg

t8D72zN.jpg

I chose to use my BACO (Buffalo Arms Co.) 615 Grain Paper Patch Bullet for this outing, My 610 Grain Grease Groove Bullet Shoots every bit as good, I just didn’t have any Cast up. The paper i used here is Paper Mill Store 9# onion Skin (wood pulp I believe?) it is thin Stuff, Good Patching Paper 👍
yTqdDUam.jpg

Short Patched
V5eUZCwm.jpg

This 1:24 Twist .50 Cal Rice Barrel Flat Out Shoots. Here are a Couple of Ranged 100 Yard Group Videos just after getting the Barrel, i blued this one myself.

615 Grain Paper Patch Bullet (BACO Mold i had made)

Target from Video above, 3 Shot 100 Yard Group, 615 Grain Paper Patch
7xVRQIW.jpg

610 Grain Grease Groove (BACO Mold i had made)

Target from video above, 3 Shot 100 Yard Group, 610 Grain Grease Groove
djxmgmH.jpg

My Target/Range (100 Yards)
NrnlDQq.jpg

The Bullets, Both from my Custom BACO Molds
MFShXii.jpg

1Kp6axo.jpg

My Velocity
3OuHcsR.jpg

Last edited:
Dang it Lew. you're running out of serious challenges. So I have a proposition for you.

We have some 24" x 24" steel gongs on our hunting club rifle range down here in S. E. Louisiana. The gongs are painted white with a 3" black center dot. If you'd like to take a crack at one of them from up your way I can give you the GPS coordinates. After each shot I'll call your cell so you can make minor sight adjustments to get on center.

Dang it Lew. you're running out of serious challenges. So I have a proposition for you.

We have some 24" x 24" steel gongs on our hunting club rifle range down here in S. E. Louisiana. The gongs are painted white with a 3" black center dot. If you'd like to take a crack at one of them from up your way I can give you the GPS coordinates. After each shot I'll call your cell so you can make minor sight adjustments to get on center.

Oh come on Semisane, can’t ya think of somethin’ a bit more challengin’ than that? Maybe put some target dots on a couple gators or somethin’? After all, Lewis is a hunter.

Are these your daughters Lewis?[

ATTACH=full]74101[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• E918ADD5-E919-49CA-AC4B-5ADA5909C320.jpeg
    E918ADD5-E919-49CA-AC4B-5ADA5909C320.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Back