• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

5/16" range/cleaning rod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinStar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wondering if a brass 5/16" range/loading rod would be okay for .45 cal to .62 cal??

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I use a 3/8 steel rod for everything over 40 caliber. I always use a bore guide. The 3/8 steel rod flexes less and precludes the rod rubbing on the bore more than brass.

Flash Pan Dan said:
I use a 3/8 steel rod for everything over 40 caliber. I always use a bore guide. The 3/8 steel rod flexes less and precludes the rod rubbing on the bore more than brass.

+1.....

Tom

If you are considering a 3/8" rod, first make sure it will fit in the rod pipes on your rifle will take a 3/8" rod. Not all pipes sold as 3/8" are really that size on the inside diameter.

Back