• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

48” long 3/8” drill bits, $5

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caveat - Clearly these are not for the semi-pro to professional builder, but might be suitable for the home hobbyist or DIY’r who had a longrifle where they might need to deepen their existing ramrod hole a little bit or whatever. Then maybe it could work for you.

Note you will need to ‘bush’ along the length of the rod behind the bit as it is not a full diameter rod. Only $5 @ Harbor Freight.

7DF95BF4-D330-426E-9C79-8984C16DF9F5.jpeg

57B61C1A-9F5C-4FA2-8DF6-92C57FC8314E.jpeg

Love the idea! But with my construction experience with self-feeding bits, I would consider grinding down the threads on the lead. I'd be afraid that the screw would dig in & Zip! - way too deep or off course before I had time to react.

I'd be more comfortable making a centering point not long enough to interfere/shaped to accommodate the flutes.

TL;DR: I'd rather push ahead than pull back.

Caveat - Clearly these are not for the semi-pro to professional builder, but might be suitable for the home hobbyist or DIY’r who had a longrifle where they might need to deepen their existing ramrod hole a little bit or whatever. Then maybe it could work for you.

Note you will need to ‘bush’ along the length of the rod behind the bit as it is not a full diameter rod. Only $5 @ Harbor Freight.

View attachment 230614

View attachment 230615
Thanks for posting !! wish these inexpensive drills had been around bad when I was building.
Relic shooter

The last stock blank that I bought was about $2000. I am going to use the highest quality drill bit I can get my hands on and not care how much it costs. I think anyone attempting to drill a ramrod hole with a $5 drill bit is likely to end wishing they spent a bit more.

Latest posts

Back