• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 Swivel Breech Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a drop dead gorgeous swivel breech rifle built by Jack Fuller (or Fullen), who nobody seems to know of. The folks on American Longrifles don't know. David Price doesn't know. Obviously can't ask Leonard Day. It's a .45 flintlock in I guess a Lehigh valley style. Really nice incise and relief carving. Lightly engraved bling here and there. Gave up looking at obituaries. That's depressing. Long shot, all things considered. Is anyone familiar with a builder named Jack Fuller or Fullen?
20240523_130341.jpg
20240523_130452.jpg
20240523_134322.jpg
20240523_124949.jpg
20240523_125330.jpg

A bunch of those at Morphy's came out of Gordon Barlow's collection. Maybe that one did and he's usually a friendly guy to talk to.

Never heard of him but that is an interesting rifle. Ol Nessmuk carried a small bore swivel breech as well but I think his was a cap gun. It was a Billinghurst, I think. Wonder if there is any connection between the two.

Back