• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 cal Kentucky Rifle Info Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durat

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hey all am a new member here and am desperately seeking some information. I have a .45 cal Kentucky Rifle Model 292.51765 that was origionally sold by Sears Roebuck & Co. that was made in Japan, Miroku (0690. I have not shot the rifle since 1987 :what: and have lost my info in regards to shot size and type. Does any one know where i might find it also need help adjusting the trigger pull....it was like trying to drag a battleship with your finger when shooting. Would really like to find a manual for this weapon....any help would be great.

Thanks

Durat :thumbsup:

Although I didn't even know Sears sold a muzzleloader, and I don't know where your instructions are (did you try your sock drawer, my wife sticks stuff in there when I'm not looking), I think we need a little more information about the gun.

Is it a side-lock precussion style (like the old guns) or is it one of the Modern style rifles with a bolt or break open breech?

Miroku builds pretty good guns (usually very good). I'm surprised the trigger pull is so heavy.

If you can fill us in on the lock style, and the barrel diameter we can make some good guesses.
If you can tell us what the rate of the rifleing twist is we will be even in a better position to give you some good answers.

If you don't know the twist rate but have a .45 cal cleaning jag, a patch and a cleaning rod you can determine this by wrapping a piece of tape around the rod 2 feet from the jag.
Just start the patch and jag into the muzzle and mark a line (with a thin felt tip marker) in line with the sight on the rod behind the tape. Carefully push the rod/patch/jag down the bore allowing the rifleing to twist the rod. When the 2 foot tape gets to the end of the barrel, notice how far the "sight" mark has turned from where it started (in line with the front sight).

If you tell us it went from the 12 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position (1/2 turn) the twist is 1:48. If it went from the 12 o'clock position to the 4 o'clock position (1/3 turn) it is a 1:72 twist.
Don't worry about what the actual twist is, just tell us where the mark ended up.
If we know the twist we can tell you what kind of projectile will shoot best in it.
:)

Although I didn't even know Sears sold a muzzleloader, and I don't know where your instructions are (did you try your sock drawer, my wife sticks stuff in there when I'm not looking), I think we need a little more information about the gun.

Is it a side-lock precussion style (like the old guns) or is it one of the Modern style rifles with a bolt or break open breech?

Miroku builds pretty good guns (usually very good). I'm surprised the trigger pull is so heavy.

If you can fill us in on the lock style, and the barrel diameter we can make some good guesses.
If you can tell us what the rate of the rifleing twist is we will be even in a better position to give you some good answers.

If you don't know the twist rate but have a .45 cal cleaning jag, a patch and a cleaning rod you can determine this by wrapping a piece of tape around the rod 2 feet from the jag.
Just start the patch and jag into the muzzle and mark a line (with a thin felt tip marker) in line with the sight on the rod behind the tape. Carefully push the rod/patch/jag down the bore allowing the rifleing to twist the rod. When the 2 foot tape gets to the end of the barrel, notice how far the "sight" mark has turned from where it started (in line with the front sight).

If you tell us it went from the 12 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position (1/2 turn) the twist is 1:48. If it went from the 12 o'clock position to the 4 o'clock position (1/3 turn) it is a 1:72 twist.
Don't worry about what the actual twist is, just tell us where the mark ended up.
If we know the twist we can tell you what kind of projectile will shoot best in it.
:)
DOES YOUR Rifle HAVE 2 TRIGGERS?

Latest posts

Back