• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 cal cast bullet velocity

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncsurveyor

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Realize its not too traditional, but the 22 twist underhammer I have supposedly tosses the 360 gr or 405 gr 45-70 bullets the best.

What would be an anticipated MV for these bullets using FFFg?

OK, a little vague on the starting info, but basically looking for anyone with a measured velocity and what charge they may have used for a lubed 45 cal slug/conical from a fast twist barrel.

I really like that retort.....will have to remember it......Fred

Here are some targets with chronograph data. The barrel is a 1:30 twist Green Mountain .45. The first three are with 350 grain .451 conicals. The last two are with 465 grain .451 conicals. A 1/8" thick felt wad was used under the bullets.

Thanks, Semisane.

That is some tight shooting, and record keeping as well.

Do you mind if I make hardcopies of your pics, specifically the velocity data so I can crunch numbers in the comfort of my recliner later?

necchi said:
If three hens lay 5 eggs in two days, how long does it take a donkey to kick the seeds out of a watermelon?
:rotf: I almost spewed a nice Belgian Ale all over my computer when I read that...... :hatsoff:

Here is my info on a 409 gr bullet.

Info%201_zpsedarx8nx.jpg

necchi said:
If three hens lay 5 eggs in two days, how long does it take a donkey to kick the seeds out of a watermelon?

Don't fall for this one guys. It's a trick question. The watermelon is seedless.

Latest posts

Back